Administration and Operations Coordinator
Reports directly to the CEO, Admin and Operations Coordinator will play a critical role on the leadership team and work closely with the CEO to improve the productivity and efficiency at Neighborhood Legislature.
Overview of Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the CEO, Admin and Operations Coordinator will play a critical role on the leadership team and work closely with the CEO to improve the productivity and efficiency at Neighborhood Legislature. The Admin and Operations Coordinator will help develop and manage systems, procedures, and tools that facilitate the efficient movement and tracking of collateral and information within our organization. He or she will also be responsible for managing the organizational budget and calendar, for managing cross-functional project plans, and for overseeing the logistics of our statewide campaign operations.
Breakdown of Responsibilities
- Improve the operational tools, systems, and day-to-day practices in support of The Neighborhood Legislatures mission -- specifically, support better organizing and mobilization program management reporting, information flow, staff work flow, stakeholder engagement processes and organizational planning.
- Along with the CEO, create and manage cross-functional project plans, including setting deliverables, owner, needs and benchmarks.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of systems that support internal communications, reporting, and logistics: the flow of recruitment, the on-boarding of recruits, the logistics of provisioning volunteers with all the tools they require, their training, their support while in the field, and their reporting. This is detailed, meticulous work to a high standard on a deadline.
- Identify, implement and manage day-to-day organizational systems i.e. Nation Builder
- Serve as the organizations day-to-day POC to vendors and consultants
- Working with CEO manage budget and develop an accurate and informative ROI (return on investment) apparatus.
- Work with the CEO develop program budgets, and oversee all invoices, including payroll & reimbursement process
- Establish and manage organizational wide calendar, including high-level deadlines, events and important meetings
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to CEO and leadership team
- Extremely organized, with a demonstrated passion for efficiency.
- Disciplined and self-motivated (remote work experience is a plus)
- Experience in calendar and budget management
- Experience developing and managing back-end systems and processes that promote organizational efficiency and productivity.
- Project management experience.
- Exemplary communication skills written, on the phone, and in person.
- Meticulous proof reading/editing skills, high standard of quality for written and visual content.
- Demonstrated experience with any of the other duties relevant to this position.
Start Date: Earliest Availability
Salary Range: $2,500-3,500/month, depending on experience.
Overview of Organization
Neighborhood Legislature is a grassroots nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering California's people through political reform. Our Neighborhood Legislature Reform Act is a proposed amendment to California's constitution that will shrink the size of electoral districts in order to reduce the influence of special interest groups and restore the voice of the people in Sacramento.
We are currently preparing to launch a state-wide signature acquisition campaign to qualify the Reform Act for the 2016 ballot. We seek an Administration and Operations Coordinator to oversee the day-to-day operational tools, logistics, and systems that promote organizational efficiency.